Friday, January 01, 2010

What’s Up With The Name?

For about the last 6 months, the Parable of the Sower has been a consistent theme in my life. I’ve thought about it, wrote about it, talked about it and now I’m blogging about it.

I started to email my thoughts on the Parable of the Sower to about 100 of my prayer supporters a few months back but the email grew to about 7 pages long. But I shelved that idea because it was the wrong forum to share my thoughts on this parable of Jesus.

As I have shared my thoughts with others concerning this parable, they have generally given me positive feedback on my thoughts concerning this parable’s implications for our lives. I have not yet had the opportunity to expose these ideas to the masses with all the criticism that come with doing that.

However, as a seeker of the Truth, I want my thoughts to be challenged and criticized as I seek to have my perceptions of Christ purified. I am so often near-sighted and blinded to my own faults in reasoning and I need to hear from others to ensure that my logic works. So please leave comments with feedback (whether good or bad) so that we can work together to apply the truth of Scripture to our lives.

So, this blog will be my forum to share what I hear God speaking to my heart through my study of the Bible. No, I don’t have a theology degree – I’m a certified public accountant working at a small firm. And, I won’t be referencing commentaries on passages of Scripture to see what others have said about a certain Scripture - It will be my raw thoughts and perceptions written online for the world to see. I hope to be challenged and refined through this process – and I hope to be entertaining and challenging to the reader.

So, what’s up with the name? Seed Musing.

Well, the seed is the Word of God as you’ll see in our first series of posts concerning the Parable of the Sower.

Musing is thinking or meditating on something.

Seed Musing is where my thoughts on the Word of God are placed to be refined and challenged. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

We’ll start where this all started. The Parable of the Sower as found in Luke 8. This first series of posts will begin on January 4, 2010.


No comments:

Post a Comment